was founded in 1829-30 by migrants from Mush.
It is named for Nahapet Kuchak, a 16th c. bard from
near Van traditionally but erroneously credited with a whole genre of
medieval Armenian verse call Hayrens. There is a 19th c.
church in the village.
The road E from Kuchak
basilica church of the 19th c. on the N
The road crosses the N end of the reservoir to reach Yeghipatrush, known till 1945 as Tanjrlu and then till 1992 called Mravyan
after Askanaz Mravyan, first Soviet Armenian Cultural Commissar. In the village is a
10-13th c. S.
Astvatsatsin church. Some 100
m beyond is an early
cemetery with one an allegedly 5th c. basilica
in addition to