Nor Sasunik began as     state farm in 1955, but was augmented by the population of the original Sasunik further W, brought in 1960.

   Bypassing   Ashtarak   and   the  first exits for Mughni and Aparan, the first big cloverleaf on the main highway leads one N to Parpi, with a 5th c. Tsiranavor church with later modifications. On the hill E is Targmanchats domed church of 7th century,  built  on   the Bronze Age fortress    and    medieval    settlement,


S. Grigor (with a medieval cemetery nearby) and S. Gevorg churches. There is a fine cave with a working door, used as a place of refuge in the 16th- 18th c.